PREPARATION FOR SURGERY
1. Contact Lens Removal: Avoid wearing soft lenses for at least 3-7 days and Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) Contacts Lenses, 3-4 weeks before your procedure. We will advise you on this matter.
2. Please DO NOT EAT or DRINK after midnight (or 8 hours before surgery time). No coffee, juice, tea or water at all in the morning. If you take medications, you may take them as necessary, with as little water as possible.
3. Please remove all facial and eye makeup the night before your procedure. Do no wear any the day of your surgery.
4. Do not wear any scented moisturizer, perfume, cologne, or after shave on the day of your procedure.
5. No smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages on the day of your procedure.
6. Please arrange to have a friend or family member drive you to and from the surgery center on the day of your procedure, and possibly to your 1-day follow-up visit.
7. You will be given a kit containing aftercare instructions and time for your 1-day post op exam immediately after your procedure.
We will do our absolute best to make your experience a pleasant one!
EYE DROP INSTRUCTION
Antibiotic eye drop – begin using 3 days before surgery. 1 drop in the eye to be operated on 4 times a day for 3 days before surgery.
*Combo drops (yellow cap) – same instructions apply*