POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your Superlasik eye surgery!
It is normal to have following symptoms: Watering eyes & nose, light sensitivity, redness and swelling of eye, a foreign body sensation or the feeling that something is in your eye. Vision may be foggy, like seeing under water.
Try to rest and sleep immediately following your procedure. We recommend going home and relaxing for the duration of the day. Your eyes will feel most comfortable when closed. You may take a shower or bath tomorrow – just be sure to keep the water and soap from getting in your eyes.
For pain, take the prescribed pain medication as directed.
For faster healing and recovery:
1. DO NOT RUB OR TOUCH YOUR EYES! Your eyes are numb after surgery.
2. If your eyes are watering, let the tears come to below the cheek bones before patting them away.
3. Wear the dark sunglasses provided whenever you are outside for the first few days.
4. Wear your eye shield during the day after your surgery and sleep with is on the first night. You may remove the shield the next day, but continue to wear it to bed for 2 more nights after surgery. This will prevent accidental rubbing while sleeping.
5. When you get up from sleeping, if your eyes are difficult to open do not force them open. Apply a warm compress for few minutes and gently try again. If it’s still difficult to open your eyes, wait until to see your doctor for him to open the eye.
6. Use preservative free artificial tears as needed for next few weeks.
Please avoid the following –
1. All water activities such as swimming, scuba diving and hot tubs for 2 weeks.
2. Avoid direct sunlight and sunbathing for 2 weeks (when outside be sure to wear sunglasses).
3. Avoid touching the eye dropper bottle to your eye.
EYE DROP INSTRUCTIONS
Antibiotic Eye Drop – continue to use 1 drop in each eye 4 times per day for 7 days after surgery.
Comfort Drop – 1 drop every hour or as needed.
Steroid Eye Drop – *YOU WILL NOT USE THESE UNTIL THE CONTACT HAS BEEN REMOVED*
Once the contact has been removed – 1 drop in each eye 4 times a day for 7 days after surgery, then 3 times per day for 7 days, then 2 times per day for 7 days and finally 1 time a day for 7 days.